About this Course
This 3-year diploma programme offers the study of preparation, dispensing and review of drugs as well as providing additional clinical services.
What Will You Learn
- Understand the basic mechanism of medicines
- How to process prescription and perform calculations
- Compounding various preparations such as creams, ointments and syrups
- How to work along with other healthcare workers
- Apply pharmaceutical knowledge competency in providing pharmacy related services.
This 3-year diploma programme offers the study of preparation, dispensing and review of drugs as well as providing additional clinical services. It provides the basic knowledge that links health sciences with pharmaceutical sciences and aims to ensure the safety, efficacy and affordable use of medicines. This includes understanding that the body and major organs work as a whole (physiology), the science of dosage form design (pharmaceutics) and the body’s reactions to drugs (pharmacology).
This course also emphasizes practical skills and experience at all stages, including hospital and retail training, enabling students to develop skills in providing pharmaceutical care to serve the nation.
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Retail Pharmacy Assistant
- Community Pharmacy Assistant
- Procurement Pharmacy Assistant
- Clinical Assistant
- Medical Sales Representative
- Chemistry I & II
- Communicative English
- Computer Application
- Dispensed Preparation Methods I
- Introduction To Pharmacy Practice
- Malaysian Studies 2
- Pharmaceutics I & II
- Pharmacology I
- Physiology I & II
- Basic Antimicrobial Treatment And Chemotherapy
- Basic Management
- Basic Microbiology
- Behavioral Science
- Development And Health
- Dispensed Preparation Methods II
- Drugs And Society
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutics III
- Pharmaceutics IV – Sterile Preparation Pharmaceutics
- Pharmacology II & III
- Industrial Training
- Pharmacy Hospital Training
- Project Presentation
- Pass in SPM
- Science Stream
- Minimum THREE (3) Credits in any subjects AND Pass in TWO (2) Science subjects (Biology/Physics/Chemistry/General Science/Applied Science/Health Sciences).
- Non-Science Stream
- Minimum THREE (3) Credits including ONE Science subject (Biology/ Physics/Chemistry/General Science/Applied Science/Health Sciences).
- Pass in English AND Mathematics
Any other equivalent qualifications