PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu Sdn Bhd, which includes but is not limited to Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu (formerly known as Asia Metropolitan College (AMC) Kota Kinabalu), respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. In line with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the PDPA”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu Sdn Bhd and its related corporations have formulated this Personal Data Protection Notice in order to describe the ways and manner in which Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu Sdn Bhd and its related corporations (hereinafter “Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu Sdn Bhd”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses and processes Personal Data which we obtain about you either directly from you or through various means, which includes:
- The provision of your Personal Data to us through our website kotakinabalu.cyberjayacollege.edu.my, and other affiliated websites (“Website”) and/or emails;
- Through our written or verbal communication with you, including through documents delivered to us prior to and during the course of our contractual or pre-contractual dealings with you, your parents and/or guardian and/or sponsors;
- Through other means, including communications and contact taking place at road shows, education fairs and other such types of seminars, talks, either hosted by us or otherwise;
- From relevant third parties e.g. recruitment agents and the Ministry of Higher Education;
- From completed enquiry forms, application forms and registration forms; and
- From information available in the public domain.
For purposes of this Personal Data Protection Notice, “Personal Data” means information in respect of commercial transactions which identifies an individual as defined under the PDPA, including any sensitive personal data.
The Personal Data which we collect and process about you may include but is not limited to your name, identity card number, passport number, contact details, medical details, previous examination results, academic records, information in audio and/or video format (including voice, video recording, closed-circuit television (“CCTV“) footage and security recording), images (including photographs), religious beliefs, bank account details and/or any other personally identifiable information that has been or may be collected, retained, used and processed by Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu Sdn Bhd and/or Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu from time to time.
B. Purposes of Collection and Processing
Your personal information is collected and processed by Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu Sdn Bhd and/or Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu for purposes which are either directly or indirectly related to various academic, educational, operational or administrative matters including the following:
- To process your application for admission and thereafter to ensure continuous provision of academic and educational services to you (including recording your details and the details of your studies) and determining your academic achievements;
- To manage our relationship with you and to communicate with you as our new, existing, former or prospective student;
- To address queries and/or respond to your requests and/or comments;
- To protect your welfare and well-being, including to provide advice, support and counselling, and to assess special education needs which you as a student may have;
- To provide ancillary services such as assistance with visa application and insurance coverage throughout your tenure of studies with us, including to assist in applications for financial funding;
- To assist you in relation to your placements, internships or attachments with third parties (where such placements, internships or attachments are required in order to complete your course);
- To administer and communicate with you in relation to our tuition fees and other relevant payments including but not limited to outstanding payments etc.;
- To manage your use of our facilities and management of our events such as libraries, residences, computing facilities, graduations, alumni;
- To operate our campuses in a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health and safety requirements;
- To conduct internal marketing analysis and student profiling activities;
- To comply without legal, regulatory and/or governmental obligations in the conduct of our business;
- To satisfy requirements of applicable law and/or to abide by court order;
- To provide you with ongoing information on programmes, products and services offered by Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu Sdn Bhd and/or Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu and its related corporations, affiliates and business partners, for example, by sending you brochures, pamphlets and promotional materials on such products and services which you may be interested into contact you regarding products, services, upcoming events;
- For research purposes including historical and statistical purposes and analysis;
- To obtain feedback in relation to the products and/or services offered by us;
- For the planning and implementation of any corporate proposals, such as sale of business, sale of assets, acquisitions and mergers;
- For the purposes of enforcing or defending our legal rights and/or obtaining legal advice;
- For our internal records management administrative purposes;
- To assist in sponsorships and/or financial aid; and
- For any other purposes that are incidental or ancillary to or in furtherance to the above purposes.
Such Personal Data provided may be voluntarily given by you. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data or as a result of the withdrawal of your consent to our processing of your Personal Data in accordance with Section E below, Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu Sdn Bhd and/or Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu may not be able to communicate with you, process your registration and/or provide you with information, products and/or services which you may require. We utilise appropriate policies and procedures to safeguard the Personal Data collected, to maintain data accuracy, to ensure appropriate use of the Personal Data and to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of the same.
C. Disclosure and Transfers Outside Malaysia
Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu Sdn Bhd and/or Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu may disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of third parties (who may be located within or outside Malaysia) for any of the purposes as set out in Section B above.
- The Ministry of Education, other relevant government departments / agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- Foreign government departments, government agencies or authorities if you are enrolled in a foreign accredited programme or require placements or attachments in a foreign country;
- Malaysian immigration department (including agencies appointed by Malaysian immigration department to carry out its services) if you are required to obtain or renew your student visa for your tenure of studies with Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu Sdn Bhd and/or Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu;
- Foreign embassies (including agencies appointed by foreign embassies to carry out their services) if Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu Sdn Bhd and/or Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu assists you in your visa application as part of your transfer procedure to foreign universities/colleges;
- Your sponsors including your parents / guardians;
- Third parties providing you with attachment placements or internships as part of your course requirements;
- Relevant professional or statutory regulatory bodies or accreditation bodies depending on your programme or course requirements;
- Our external counterparts providing external, twinning or other similar educational programmes;
- Any related corporations and affiliates of Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu Sdn Bhd and/or Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu, including those established in the future and our business partners;
- Where applicable, third parties who provide related services or products in connection with our business such as insurance agencies/insurers, university partners, Financial Aid Agencies, SOCSO, EPF, outsourced external enrichment and co-curricular programme providers, travel agencies / operators, external examination boards, and external school-contracted operators;
- Vendors, contractors, agents and other third-party service providers engaged by us;
- Governmental, legal and/or regulatory authorities in order to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, including any requirements relating to disclosures;
- Any other third party as may be required by applicable law or court order; and
- Our auditors, legal advisers, consultants, and our other financial or professional advisers.
Your Personal Data may also be transferred to locations outside Malaysia and may be stored in any server located in Malaysia or outside Malaysia, for any of the purposes as set out in Part B of this Privacy Notice.
D. Right to Request Access and Correction and to Limit Processing
You may at any time submit to us any inquiries and/or complaints or request to make corrections or to limit our processing of your Personal Data by contacting our Personal Data Protection Officer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +088 431 025 / 035 or by registered mail to be addressed to Personal Data Protection Officer, Cyberjaya College Kota Kinabalu, Lot 33 – 40, Block C, Plaza Juta, 7.2 KM Off Jalan Tuaran, 88400 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. In general and subject to certain exemptions, you are also entitled as an individual under the PDPA, to request access to your Personal Data, including for copies of the same, for which we may impose upon you the payment of a prescribed fee. Any data access requests can be made by contacting our Personal Data Protection Officer accordingly.
E. Your Consent
In the event that you do not approve of or do not accept the terms of our use of your Personal Data in any of the ways which we have detailed out in this Personal Data Protection Notice, you may inform us of this by contacting our Personal Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are as specified above. For example, if you do not wish for us to provide you with information and/or to market our programmes, products and services to you, you may exercise your right to opt-out by contacting our Personal Data Protection Officer accordingly.
We will continue to handle and process your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice unless we hear otherwise from you.
If we do not receive any notification from you within a period of thirty (30) days from the date of our mailing of this Personal Data Protection Notice, we shall presume that you have approved of our collection, use and processing of your Personal Data in accordance with this Personal Data Protection Notice. However, you may at any point withdraw your consent by way of written notice to our Personal Data Protection Officer. Please note however that withdrawal of consent previously given, whether in full or in part, shall only be effective after the lapse of a reasonable time period in order to allow for such withdrawal to be processed, and shall be subject to any legal restrictions and/or contractual conditions as may be applicable.
To the extent that you wilfully and voluntarily disclose to us any personal information whether or not falling within the definition of Personal Data above, of any individual, we shall assume, without independent verification, that you have obtained such individual’s consent for the disclosure as well as the Processing of their personal information in accordance with the terms of this Personal Data Protection Notice.
F. Revision and Amendments
We may revise, update, modify or amend the terms of this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice to you, by placing the updated version of it on the Website. By continuing to use our Website and continuing your relationship with us without any written objection following the revision, modification or amendment to this Personal Data Protection Notice, you are deemed to accept such revisions, modifications or amendments. You are advised to check this Personal Data Protection Notice on a regular basis from time to time.
G. Security of your Information
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the Website or any other electronic channel; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and we ask you not to share your password with anyone.